Tuesday 21 July 2015

Commit to a Process Not a Goal.


With “10 cents to Millions Project” we do have targets and we do our best to reach it, but what’s more important is the process not the goal itself.
When we’re working toward a goal, we are essentially saying, 
“I will be happy when I reach my goal.”
The problem with this mindset is that we’re teaching ourselves to always put happiness and success off until the next milestone is achieved. “Once I achieve my goal, then I’ll be successful.”
But we do this to ourselves all the time. We place unnecessary stress on ourselves to lose weight or to succeed in business or to write a best-selling novel. Instead, we can keep things simple and reduce stress by focusing on the daily process and sticking to our schedule. When we focus on the practice instead of the performance, we can enjoy the present moment and improve at the same time.
The journey itself is full of joy and surprises and can be ruined by just focusing on the result.
I think the solution is to commit to a process, not a goal.
So far the process has been full of enjoyment and rewards for us as we connect, share, learn and contribute.  And these are the reasons that make ‘10 Cents to Millions Project’ quite rich.

Let’s enjoy the ride!
By Mojan Javadi

No comments:

Post a Comment