Thursday 3 December 2015

When life forces you out of your comfort zone.


It seems like a quiet time with the 10 Cents to Millions Project but behind the scenes both Eunice and I have been very active with different ventures. For me it was both challenging and at the same time a great learning experience. I was pushed to over come one of my limitations. Public speaking wasn’t my cup of tea for many years. Coming up with different excuses to avoid speaking in front of a group was a scape way for me to remain in my comfort zone. A few months ago I was invited to deliver a one day seminar about my Art therapy workshops in Dusseldorf, along with my childhood friend who is a Psychologist. I accepted the invitation and for the first time wasn't thinking about stage fright. The seminar took place in September in Dusseldorf with a wonderful group of people. I was vulnerable on the day but I embraced it and accepted my discomfort, and went on stage regardless. 
The question that may cross your mind is how l tackled my fear? For the first time I stopped thinking about being perfect or delivering a flawless speech.
Accepting my vulnerability gave me the courage to speak from my heart, share my story, and talk about the power of self-expression through Art.
Such a great learning and sharing experience exhilarated me to plan more seminars and workshops on how Art as a powerful medium can bridge between conscious and unconscious mind, and how it can enhance our emotional, spiritual, cognitive and physical well-being. 
The seminar went well and drew loads of interest followed by a larger seminar in Tehran during mid November, and now it’s going to take place in Melbourne.

I was also fortunate to spend sometime in the nature, connect to our mother earth, and appreciate it all over again. I had the opportunity to be at her service for sometime!!


Back to our 10 Cents to Millions Project, as you may all know we are on our $6,553.60 target after our succeeding previous step. This project could never have happened without your help, supports and participations. Please share your ideas for our next step. Drop your awesome comments in our FB page, and tell us what we should do to hit our next target.

By Mojan Javadi.



With some of the audience at the end of the Dusseldorf Seminar

No comments:

Post a Comment